Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio L30 Power supply

notz
New User

Jun 20, 2008, 8:15 PM

Post #1 of 6 (9541 views)
Shortcut
Vizio L30 Power supply Can't Post

The short story: I need to replace the Power Supply on a Vizio L30, the PS model is "DPS-210EP A rev:00", I found 3 other PS models with similar numbers for sale on the web, "DPS-210EP-1 A rev01" "DPS-210EP-2 rev01" "DPS-210EP-2 C rev00". They are made by the same company (Delta Electronics Inc), and the circuit board on mine is stamped "DPS-210EP". Will these other PS work?

The long story: For about 5 days the LCD work work for 15 minutes and then I could hear a relay click and the screen turned off, but he blue power light on the front would stay on, though I could do nothing with the controls. So I unplugged it of a minute and plugged it back in and it worked the rest of the day. On the 5th day after the screen turned off I also heard a POP, and unplugged it. Took it apart and found a blown fusible resistor on the power supply, replaced it but it still blew once it was plugged in. So now I'm looking for a whole new PS.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2008, 3:37 AM

Post #2 of 6 (9525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [notz] Vizio L30 Power supply [In reply to] Can't Post

For a good source for LCD / Plasma parts > Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jun 21, 2008, 3:41 AM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2008, 3:47 AM

Post #3 of 6 (9522 views)
Shortcut

This might be the exact power supply you need > Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

notz
New User

Jun 21, 2008, 3:01 PM

Post #4 of 6 (9516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Vizio L30 Power supply [In reply to] Can't Post

That is one of the three that I posted, and that's where I saw them. It's not exact in appearance, all three look similar since they are the same base model.

mel
Veteran

Jun 21, 2008, 9:56 PM

Post #5 of 6 (9506 views)
Shortcut

It might be less expensive to let a tech troubleshoot it to the component level and change the failed component rather than replace the entire power supply, especially if it is not positive that the problem is in the power supply. Since it is blowing a fusible resistor, there is a good chance that you have a short down line and you will have wasted your money on the new power supply as well as still having to pay the tech in the long run.

notz
New User

Jun 25, 2008, 5:27 PM

Post #6 of 6 (9486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Vizio L30 Power supply [In reply to] Can't Post

I might have cost less to have a tech fix it, though there are none in my area, but it would have taken more time and I would rather have a whole item. The power supply is known to be the problem. The problem may have been a relay or the transformer. I did order the PS that had the nearest # to mine, got it today and it works just fine now.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)