Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio M470NV LCD TV

MJS60
New User

May 25, 2017, 5:37 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2881 views)
Shortcut
Vizio M470NV LCD TV Can't Post

I was just given this TV by a neighbor and it has a flashing Orange and White Vizio Logo. It won't come on at all and has no sound either. I opened the back and there are no obvious signs of failure showing. The power supply has no bulging caps etc. After searching the Net, the consensus seems to be that the T-Con or Main Bd. is the one giving the problem? A common failure is the BGA Chip under the heatsink solder connections have cracked? I guess there are a couple processes that can repair the problem if it is the chip. One is the completely remove the chip and reflow the board and chip. I do not have the tools for this. The other is to bake the board in the oven for a short period of time to try to remelt the solder under the chip. Still another is to use a heat gun to reheat the chip in hope that it will repair the small breaks in the solder under that chip. The heatgun seems the best approach for me. Naturally I'd have to remove the heatsink and this approach may or may not work, and if it does it may not stay fixed for long, still I'm willing to try. My questions are, is this a common problem with this model? And is there another possibility that some other common problem is the issue instead? Another forum says that this TV almost never has shorted LEDs for the backlights that are common in other models like LG etc. Here is a picture of the board and it is part # 3647-0022-0147(4C)

(This post was edited by MJS60 on May 25, 2017, 5:41 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)