Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio M550NV No Power

sk1nne
New User

Feb 25, 2017, 4:14 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Vizio M550NV No Power Can't Post

I have an M550NV that was given to me by family that I believe was struck by lightning. There were burn marks on one of the hdmi ports on the main board. I have replaced the main board but still get the infamous flashing vizio logo (orange/white to solid orange) upon startup. I can't find any information on this tv or its main/power boards. I would like to check the power supply for correct output voltages but I'm not sure if the main board has to send the "power on" signal first to activate the power board on the vizio's.

Main board: 3655-0102-0150(7A)
Power supply: 0500-0612-0030 / PLDK-A955A

The power board has the following pins: DCLK, DIM, TX, RX, VSYNC, PWM, BL_ON, POWER_ON, 18V, 12V, 5V, GND.

Does anyone know what pins may need to be jumped to activate the power supply board? As of now I only get 5v out of the board. Not sure if any pins such as "power_on" need 5v/gnd to activate it? I have tried to check every component on this power supply but have found nothing that stands out. I've spent countless hours on this tv and am hoping someone can lend a hand. I need to somehow make sure my new main board isn't just a dud.

I would gladly upload any pictures if that may help. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 25, 2017, 10:14 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sk1nne] Vizio M550NV No Power [In reply to] Can't Post

the infamous flashing vizio logo (orange/white to solid orange) upon startup.

Are you saying that this is abnormal? Logo should go from one color to the other - upon each press of the Power button (On set / remote).

What are 'BL_ON, POWER_ON, 18V, 12V' doing upon each press of the Power button (On set / remote)?

-------------------------

sk1nne
New User

Feb 25, 2017, 10:48 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio M550NV No Power [In reply to] Can't Post

On power up, the logo flashes white/orange then solid orange after approximately 10 seconds. No signs of life at all, no backlight nothing. Tv is completely dead. I'm not sure the "normal" operation of the light, i've just read that this pattern usually indicates power failure or bad flash on main board. All of the pins you listed are 0 when powered up or when plugged in. Only readings I get are on 5v and it stays on 5v when plugged in.

I guess it is possible that the "BL_ON" and "POWER_ON" pins should be a "low" 0v once powered, but I don't have the SM or diagram for any LED vizio's to understand their operation.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 25, 2017, 11:36 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sk1nne] Vizio M550NV No Power [In reply to] Can't Post

From User Manual:
POWER ‘VIZIO’ LIGHT—
The VIZIO name lights white
when powered on and orange when powered off.

Since you claim the POWER_ON is low 'at all times,' Take a 1,000 ohm resistor, hook one end to '5V' and try momentarily connecting the other end to POWER_ON. Worst you can do is release Magic Smoke.

PS 5V feeds Main - Keyboard/remote connect to Main - P-ON/BL-ON is sent from Main to PS to turn rest of supplies on.

-------------------------

sk1nne
New User

Mar 3, 2017, 2:07 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio M550NV No Power [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply. I jumped POWER_ON to 5v and the power supply seems to be operating correctly with all of its outputs within range. Looks like the main board I have bought is faulty. I've seen several references to this main board with bad flashes. Guess I'll try sending the main board off for repairs unless anyone has any detailed information on it?

Thanks for the help.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)