Vizio P602ui-B3; Intermittent Power issues

the_enginerd
New User

Apr 17, 2018, 5:22 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1041 views)
Shortcut
Vizio P602ui-B3; Intermittent Power issues Can't Post

Hello,

I hope this is the right spot to make this post. I have a Vizio P602ui-B3 unit which manages to turn on only after unplugged for several hours at a time. The TV appears to work just fine once powered up again after it's had it's long nap. I have managed to open her up and take a once over of the power board as this was my primary suspect only to find I don't see anything off on visual inspection.

I'm at a point where I could do more troubleshooting if I knew how as I have a multi-meter but not the skill to use it really (at least not in this capacity) if I'm being honest. I feel I'd be able to solder the replacement parts just fine with this hardware if I only knew what to do.

I don't really expect full troubleshooting guidance here that's just what I'd like to do if I could figure out what the real culprit is. Anyhow, on with my real question.

I have found both on Ebay and a couple of different websites the opportunity to purchase a replacement power board. I think this is the most correct path forward but as there are several other boards in here and I don't really know what the reason for this power issue is I figured I'd ask the opinon of oh wise forum folks here.

I appreciate any input in advance.

If I don't have a straightforward path here, My next steps will probably be to install a Christmas tree timer such that it's unplugged during the day and I can use it in the evenings trying to dial in just how long it needs to be unplugged in order to rest well enough.

Anyhow, I appreciate in advance any input you can give. Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)