Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio TV Repair

tsfrance
New User

May 16, 2016, 12:20 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Vizio TV Repair Can't Post

Hello. I have 2 Vizio 60 inch Flatscreens that I bought about 17 months ago so they are out of warranty. I use one and my wife uses the other. Mine has been acting odd for a few months with mainly the picture disappearing for a few seconds but then coming back. Honestly, that may be an issue with our local channels, not sure as it never happens on cable but also it has shut off by itself a few times. About three weeks ago the first thing in the morning when I would turn it on it would start to say, no signal. Not everyday but most days and the fix was to turn it off and then back on and all was fine. So one day I was watching tv and I went outside with dogs for a bit and when i came back in it was off. When I put it back on it said, no signal so I shut it off and then back on but it never fixed it. I tried it about 15 times and nothing. I did power drain and resets and nothing. I changed hdmi cables and still nothing. I turned the power off one more time and this time it would not come on period so it was dead. So I did some research and it seemed that one of the 3 boards in the tv needed to be replaced but I had no way of testing it to see which board so I bought a set of all three boards. Someone told me that if you change one board then you should change them all anyway. I thought $84 was way fair as I was almost ready to buy a new tv. It took me some time to do it but I changed out the boards and my tv is back to perfect. End of story of me. My wife says her tv is giving her the same no signal thing every so often now so I kind of think it will happen to that tv also. By looking at the symptoms above is there a way to know which board needs to be replaced or should I just buy all three boards again when and if her tv does what mine did? Im not complaining about $84 at all but I just wanted to be sure that Im not doing something silly by buying all three boards. Thank you for any help.

Tom

jts1957
Veteran

May 16, 2016, 1:01 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tsfrance] Vizio TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Works for me.Cool

-------------------------

tsfrance
New User

May 16, 2016, 1:06 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio TV Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. If and when it happens and it will most likely, I will do them all.

(This post was edited by tsfrance on May 16, 2016, 6:40 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)