Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio TV buttons not working.

Forgatal
New User

Jan 11, 2017, 10:35 PM

Post #1 of 3 (908 views)
Shortcut
Vizio TV buttons not working. Can't Post

Hi, everyone I've had this Vizio TV for a few years now, the buttons were always pretty janky, but this morning when I tried to turn it on, they just straight up popped off and fell inside the casing. I don't know much about TV repair so I'd like some advise and help before I take off the back and possibly make matters worse. Specifically involving reattaching the buttons.

Vizio M# E320AR
I believe it's a 32inch flat screen.

The buttons are a single strand of plastic on the back of the tv, that popped out of place and are now sitting at the bottom of the tv somewhere. I have no remote, and prior to them popping out they were already slightly out of place and weren't working as of this morning, which led me to foolishly apply more force than usual in my button press.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It would also be helpful to add some advice on how to take the back off, as I've taken off all the screws and it still won't budge.

EDIT2: Was able to open up the set and put the buttons back in place but they're still not operable.

(This post was edited by Forgatal on Jan 12, 2017, 12:02 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 11, 2017, 11:54 PM

Post #2 of 3 (894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forgatal] Vizio TV buttons fell inside. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which one is on the back cover and which one is on the front cover? Clips on one, Hooks on the other. Thin putty knife inserted into the seam and gentle prying should get you started.

Button assembly: http://www.ebay.com/...%26sd%3D282078027329
Remote: http://www.ebay.com/...e221va-/271934124941

-------------------------

Forgatal
New User

Jan 12, 2017, 12:01 AM

Post #3 of 3 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Vizio TV buttons fell inside. [In reply to] Can't Post

The buttons are on the back. I was able to open it up and carefully fit the buttons back into place, but they still don't work. I'm unable to turn the tv on, and the buttons don't want to stay in place at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)