Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Vizio m502i-b1

Hybriddiesel91
New User

Jun 17, 2017, 4:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (727 views)
Shortcut
Vizio m502i-b1 Can't Post

I have been experiencing some issues with my television. I am a heavy duty hybrid tech so for the most part I am able to test things and figure things out okay lol
For the last month or so my television would not like to turn back on once shut off. If I left it unplugged for a couple of days it would. Now it doesn't like to do that at all. I have tried the power down, and the reset, nothing seems to work.
So I opened up the television and started checking some voltages. The power supply is putting out close to 24 and 12v in some places. I did read on another forum that if the main board is receiving standby power, which it was then the board is bad.

I ordered a main board and before I installed it I tested it again. I then noticed that the main board had burnt around one of the chips. So I replaced it. Waited a half hour then plugged the TV in. As soon as I plugged it in the backlight leds would flash. But only half on the left side. And it would not boot up, or the led power indicator would not light up at all.

I checked voltages at the led board and noticed the left connector had 29 ish volts on pins 1-4. But the right connector had voltage on all of its pins. 10v up to 29v

I'm at a loss on this. Thanks for the assistance.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)