Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Westinghouse LTV-37w2HD TV. Power Supply? Again?

bruceeeee@
New User

Feb 2, 2016, 5:57 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Westinghouse LTV-37w2HD TV. Power Supply? Again? Can't Post

Hello, I am once again having trouble with my Westinghouse LTV-37w2 HD TV. I have had problems with the power supply before, replaced twice with used boards, and think it is that again. It does the same thing where it won't turn on. I get the blue on light, but then nothing. I unplug it, plug it back in and it works. But this time after a short time I get a screen that has a very slight case of the jitters, and the controls on TV or remote do not function so I need to unplug to turn off. Then repeat. This is actually the second power supply I replaced that does this. I see I can buy a refurbished power supply, but wonder if it may be some other board. Thanks much for your help. Although it is an older TV I enjoy trying to keep it going. Power supply is only $20.00 (free shipping) vs $250 for new TV.

bruceeeee@
New User

May 12, 2016, 12:28 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bruceeeee@] Westinghouse LTV-37w2HD TV. Power Supply? Again? [In reply to] Can't Post

Still looking for some help with this.

t0nito
User

May 12, 2016, 9:58 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bruceeeee@] Westinghouse LTV-37w2HD TV. Power Supply? Again? [In reply to] Can't Post

Instead of replacing the entire board, check for leaky caps, and replace them.

bruceeeee@
New User

May 15, 2016, 4:15 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [t0nito] Westinghouse LTV-37w2HD TV. Power Supply? Again? [In reply to] Can't Post

This s a refurbished power supply.

jts1957
Veteran

May 15, 2016, 4:38 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1019 views)
Shortcut

So. Refurbish it some more.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)