Westinghouse UW40T8LW Main board went bad

65caliente
New User

Aug 29, 2015, 4:04 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Westinghouse UW40T8LW Main board went bad Can't Post

The model # is T.MS3391.E7240A1.12-SP4 and part # is B12094368

IF anybody has one of these or knows where to find one (I have searched high and low on the internet) I would like to purchase it.

I was wondering if I could swap out a main board and t con board from another model with the same resolution or if the LED panels on these are specifically coded to only work with a certain board combination?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 29, 2015, 7:14 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [65caliente] Westinghouse UW40T8LW Main board went bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Set has NO LED panel.

'Westinghouse optimizes efficient engineering in all (our) LED backlit LCD TVs, which means our LED TVs feature a super slim profile for an easy fit in any space or wall.'

YES - LED backlit LCD panels ARE specifically coded to only work with a certain board combination. Use the wrong board combination and you WILL release the Magic Smoke!

-------------------------

65caliente
New User

Sep 3, 2015, 1:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Westinghouse UW40T8LW Main board went bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I wish it had an OLED screen. Anyways I found a board on ebay by messaging all the sellers I could. Thanks for the help!

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 3, 2015, 1:57 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [65caliente] Westinghouse UW40T8LW Main board went bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Well? Don't leave us hanging. Did board correct issue?

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.26 s on (CGI/1.1)