Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Whats your thoughts on MY CRT. Please Help!

PAPSTISY
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Whats your thoughts on MY CRT. Please Help! Can't Post

In the past year I have had two TV's where the picture tube went on me. One of those TV's was HD and only seven months old when the CRT went. Since I had two TV's go bad I decided to investigate what could be causing the problem.

The only thing I can think of is the dehumidifier that is in the same room! Have any of you members heard of a dehumidifier making a CRT stop working?

In my electronic classes I was always told moister is bad and the drier the better. Could that not be the case for new electronics in todays age.

Everyones help and insight on the matter would be great! Because this is putting a dent in the old pocket book!

Thanks for your time and help!

mel
Veteran

Feb 11, 2005, 3:08 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PAPSTISY] Whats your thoughts on MY CRT. Please Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the CRT interior is under a vacuum, the humidity should have no affect on it. Are you sure that both of them were CRT failures? It has been my experience that many times any failure is first diagnosed as a CRT failure when in fact, the problem is in the high voltage or video section. If so, you may just be experiencing a run of bad luck. You might check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for a chance to earn a free 27' Sony. The Sony CRTs don't last as long as some others, but at the price (free) I can live with it.

crawdaddy
New User

Feb 11, 2005, 2:31 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PAPSTISY] Whats your thoughts on MY CRT. Please Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be really helpful if you would provide a little more information about your situation...what make and model of set is it? What symptoms are you seeing,or not seeing...is there any power at all...how old is the unit...anything that might offer some insight to help us better help you..as mel has said the crt is most often not the cause of the problem but it can often be the best way to reason out what is going on inside..please post back with anything in the way of symptoms...it could turn out to be something simple...it may not as well,but at least let's tryCool

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)