Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue

Vach
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 9:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1198 views)
Shortcut
When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue Can't Post

My TV has been in the same spot for 3 yrs. It broke, I fixed it and worked on it sideways. (Unplugged). I turned it on (sideways) and it looks great(thanks to Mel). Now I spin it back around (Unplugged) and wait about 20-30 Min. and the upper left hand corner turns blue. If I unplug it and turn it sideways, it's fine. This is a Sony KV-35v35. How do I get it so I can put it back in the position it's been in for years? I've never had any interference problems, there's nothing around the TV, not even the outlet it's plugged into. Someone mentioned an East West switch? I couldn't find it. What's going on? I never had this problem before.
Thanks.Unsure

mel
Veteran

Dec 5, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vach] When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue [In reply to] Can't Post

Put it in it's final resting place (amen brother) and turn it on and off a few times allowing a brief cool down between cycles. If the automatic degausing circuit is working properly, that should cure the problem.

Vach
New User

Dec 5, 2004, 1:51 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, that's not working. What would happen if there was an electrical line in the wall? Could that mess up the TV? I never had the problem before but it seems when the TV is sqare with the wall that's when it's the worst. But still if I turn it sideways it's OK. What have I done? Is this a normal thing? Someone said "never move your TV when on" why? Something to do with magnets? Is my TV acting like a cumpass?

mel
Veteran

Dec 6, 2004, 2:28 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Vach] When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue [In reply to] Can't Post

First, make sure that the degausing coil is plugged into its socket. You may have unplugged it when you did your repairs and forgot to replug it. If that is OK, check the varistor. They are sometimes fragile and the leads become detached. As a last resort, you can just manually degause the CRT. I have found that in a pinch, I can use an a/c device such as a hairdryer or an electric drill motor for this purpose. Just turn on the motor and rotate it around the face of the CRT starting at the outer perimeter and working to the center then slowly move it away from the face ot the CRT before turning it off. You should see a rainbow affect around its vicinity to the CRT when on or it is not working.

minehunter
User

Dec 7, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] When I put my TV in it's resting place upper left turns blue [In reply to] Can't Post

the sony degaussing relays some times crack at teh solder connection. check and make sure that is not the case. it is a three pin relay. It's black and about 1/2 square near where the power cord attaches to the PCB

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)