Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good

Girard Ibanez
New User

Jul 16, 2004, 12:39 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1472 views)
Shortcut
White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good Can't Post

What component will cause the upper 4" portion of the screen to have a white retrace lines. Video good except for the retrace lines.

THANKS

RW78
New User

Jul 16, 2004, 4:43 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Girard Ibanez] White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good [In reply to] Can't Post

A BAD CAPACITOR OR CAPACITORS IN THE VERTICAL CIRCUIT.

In Reply To

Girard Ibanez
New User

Jul 16, 2004, 5:25 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RW78] White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good [In reply to] Can't Post

RW78,

What type of capacitor? The electrolytic caps, ceramic (104m type), ....

I removed a couple and compared them to others within the circuit board but they all look good. Not sure how to test the electrolytic caps since I don't have a tester for it. Any other ideas.

MaierTV
User

Jul 16, 2004, 5:02 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Girard Ibanez] White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good [In reply to] Can't Post

When we say look at the capacitor we mean use a digital meater or a ERS meater. second you left no model or a make of set, this is like asking " my car wont work , whats wrong?"

Girard Ibanez
New User

Jul 16, 2004, 9:42 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MaierTV] White Retrace Lines 4" at top, picture still good [In reply to] Can't Post

Maiertv,

Sorry for not giving any details. I had a previous post with all the information and decide to change the subject to see if any others could post. My previous post had many views but no reply.

Again, the information provided on this post solved my problem. A bad 100 mfd elect. cap. I had to borrow a fluke 189 dig. meter and the cap only read 50 mfd.

Thanks for all your help. I saved myself a bundle $$$$, less than $10.oo for the repair. What a great forum.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)