Who makes the most reliable TV?

RCA27120WN
New User

Feb 6, 2005, 11:41 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1706 views)
Shortcut
Who makes the most reliable TV? Can't Post

What brand(s)?

In particular, I am looking for a 27" flat screen. Looking at a sharp 27F543 but would like some input.

Sly

crawdaddy
New User

Feb 7, 2005, 12:20 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RCA27120WN] Who makes the most reliable TV? [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll probably get as many answers to that as there are people to answer. Even if you discount the "Heinz 57" department store brands,with parts and components from a myriad of suppliers, it's hard to get a consensus. That said, you mentioned Sharp, a well known and long respected name in consumer electronics, and allowing for the fact that a " lemon" is possible with any make, Sharp would be a good choice. From a standpoint of quality, serviceability, and all around dependability, I prefer RCA, but I'm sure there are many techs who, for very good reasons, would recommend other brands. As well as the investment of money, an investment of time talking to a few service persons in your area will help avoid making a rushed choice because a salesperson points out a few bells and whistles on a brand pushed by his/her store. As with most other consumer products, your budget, and your patience will determine what you buy. Good luck, and choose well!Smile

mel
Veteran

Feb 7, 2005, 2:24 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crawdaddy] Who makes the most reliable TV? [In reply to] Can't Post

RCA and Zeniths provide many repair shops with the greatest income. Most of the sets that come into my shop are zeniths followed closely by RCAs. What disturbs me most is the number of late model RCAs that come in with serious problems where they didn't get there moneys worth out of their initial investment before having to spend more on repairs. My usual advice is any NAME BRAND set (other than these two) which best suits your overall desires, e.g. price, sound, picture quality physical appearance, etc. My preference is Panasonic but my wife is enjoying her 27" Sony flat screen. Sharp would not be a bad choice either.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)