Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Xbox 360 interference on CRT HDTVs

mrethan520
New User

Dec 23, 2016, 2:56 AM

Post #1 of 1 (841 views)
Shortcut
Xbox 360 interference on CRT HDTVs Can't Post

So, I had an old Panasonic CT-34WX50 from 2002 as my main TV, and it was pretty good for a while, until I got a used Xbox 360 from ~2008. For most things, it would display everything just fine at 1080i through Component video, but when I launched certain things such as the Netflix app, the screen would start flashing white from the bottom up in very quick succession? I don't have any videos to show it but it would just start going crazy. Initially, I would just unplug the Xbox and restart it and do something else, so I couldn't use the Netflix app. Eventually, one day when I tried it again, the screen started flashing, then the TV clicked off. It died. So, a month later, I replaced it with a Sony KV-34HS510 from 2003. I've since tested the Xbox through Component at 1080i on multiple LCD TV's and there was no interference. I don't know if it will be there if I try it on the Sony CRT, but I'm a bit worried to try it because I don't want to ruin my new TV and have to carry the 200lb beast out again after I did the same thing with the other one, plus I'd need to find another TV. I don't really wanna go to an LCD for my main set. Can someone tell if it was the Xbox's fault, or the Panasonic's?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)