Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith 25" Console TV Jitters

deraven
New User

Dec 4, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Zenith 25" Console TV Jitters Can't Post

I've got an old 25" Zenith console TV (SC2513G - from 1986) that's been performing like a champ up until we moved a couple months ago.

Initially the picture would jitter or bounce (full width picture, but it seemed to just jump up and down) for maybe a couple minutes after it was turned on and then it'd be back to its usual picture quality. It's gotten progressively worse to the point where it's now some mixture of vertical compression, shaking, and rollover for a good long while, but it'll still stabilize eventually and then work just fine as long as it's left on (though it now takes an hour or two before the picture is back to normal). It also seems to be quite sensitive to motion - if someone walks by or taps it the picture shakes more, though the motion sensitivity also improves greatly after it's been on for a while.

So, I was thinking initially just the vertical IC needs resoldering or something, and hunting around online would seem to support that, but as the symptoms have gotten worse I'm wondering if there's something else I should be looking at.

Any feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)