Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470

snifferdude
New User

May 2, 2005, 2:11 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470 Can't Post

Unsure I have a Zenith 9" TV, Model A09P02X. It uses a Zenith SC3470 remote.

The problem is that I have lost the remote, and you apparently need a remote to select the TV/CATV source type. I have not found a universal remote with that feature on it.

Can anyone help with a way of setting the source type without a remote, or recommend a universal remote that will perform this function? Are there codes that would allow me to set this with one of my existing remotes?

There are a couple of sites that say they have 1 in stock, but due to the age of the TV, I do not want to spend $30+ for a new remote, then have the TV go out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Bursma
User

May 2, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snifferdude] Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470 [In reply to] Can't Post

I got 3 possible solutions for you:

1. For many TV's, you can access other sources by turning the channel down past 0. That will get you to a line-in screen.

2. I have found that a 3-function zenith universal remote has a input button that allows you to change the source. I could get you one for 12.50, and it's very posible you have a universal that does that.

3. I also found the original remote for your television. I don't have it in stock, but could get it for 24.14

If interested in purchasing, call Bobby at 800-676-8926. Regardless I hope I have been helpful and good luck.

snifferdude
New User

May 4, 2005, 12:24 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470 [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile Thanks for the quick reply!!

This TV just starts at the top of the range when you go below 1... I think it's 67 or 68, but that probably would change if I can get it switched to CATV.....

I have tried three remotes now, with no luck. The code for the TV appears to be 713... The Philips PM335 and Zenith ZN411 both work fine, but they don't have a button for TV/CATV source select.

What is the model # for the Zenith universal remote you have? That seems like the most likely solution, although the original remote is also a possibility. I will try to call Thursday or Friday..

Thanks!!

Bursma
User

May 4, 2005, 12:29 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snifferdude] Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470 [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Philips PM335 and Zenith ZN411 both work fine, but they don't have a button for TV/CATV source select."

I know that they have an input button, have you tried that? Input and source are the same thing. The ZN311 and ZN411 both have this button, and these were the universal remotes I was talking about. If your ZN411's input button doesn't do the trick, and you can't access it through the channel, then the only option I see is to get the original remote.

Good luckSmile

snifferdude
New User

May 4, 2005, 1:29 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] Zenith 9" TV remote A09P02x - SC3470 [In reply to] Can't Post

UnsureThat is the problem I've been running into.... The Input button (TV/VCR, etc.) allows you to switch between physical sources. What I need is something to allow me to select the format of the input source. It has a 75 ohm connector on the back, with an telescoping antenna with 75 ohm connector.

If you connect the telescoping antenna, it works fine, but available channels are limited. If you connect a cable from COX cable, there are more channels, but they are not all there, and the ones that are are grainy/fuzzy. This appears to be because the signal format is cable, not antenna.

This function is normally set via setup menu, which this tv does not have. The original remote had a button that was designate "TV/CATV" which selected the source format, not the actual source.

I appreciate your help, and it is looking more and more like I will have to go with an original remote unless someone can come up with an alternate solution.....

Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)