Zenith Color Problems

Loop-Master
New User

Feb 5, 2005, 1:38 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Color Problems Can't Post

Hi.

I have a Zenith SY2723BW Floor Model TV I bought new in 1997.

For the past three years now, the color on this tv seems to have had a mind of it's own.

The first time I noticed the problem, the screen just turned bright green with some horizontal lines through it.

I adjusted it out somewhat by activating the service menu code that I got through this forum or a similar one about three years ago..

The tv recently doing it all over again all of the sudden but it turned red with horizontal lines through it. I turned it off, and then turned it back on and it went back to normal but not like it's suppose to be.

It also takes spells now where the red seems to get overwhelming and then the blue steps in and takes over.

I can adjust it out a little via the main menu "color" but it won't stay that way.

I took a course in Basic Electronics so I can tackle some reasonably advanced fixes but I'm lost on troubleshooting one of these babies.

Anything to check, replace,?

Thanks

shadetree
Veteran

Feb 5, 2005, 6:52 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loop-Master] Zenith Color Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

ck for bad solder connections on module plugged in back of picture tube also try unpluging module and plugging back in good

mel
Veteran

Feb 5, 2005, 11:52 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Loop-Master] Zenith Color Problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Your CRT is more than likely going bad with intermttent internal shorts. Zenith has had a history of unreliable CRTs thru the 90's model years. Try tapping the neck of the CRT to see if the problem occurs. If so, the set is not worth fixing. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)