Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith P42W46X

Wobblebottom
New User

Nov 6, 2008, 8:26 AM

Post #1 of 7 (6043 views)
Shortcut
Zenith P42W46X Can't Post

I was given a Zenith P42W46X plasma tv that a friend was going to get rid of because he got a newer lcd tv. He said there was a problem with the display, but didn't get into specifics, so I figured I could fix it with minimal expense (perhaps not) and I took it home. Well, there are red and yellow lines on both sides of the screen but not in the middle, the picture seems to work there, but the sides are in a bad way. Anyway, I've searched for information about this problem, and people seem to think that it's related to one of the following: YSUS Board, ZSUS board, or the Control Board or whatever it's called. I was told something about a 4pin test on the control board you could jump with solder to get a test pattern, but that was if there were only lines and no picture at all. I could be very wrong with all this information about this particular problem, and If I am, please let me know, I would like to be able to repair this TV as it is very nice, and more than adequate for my needs. Here is a picture of the screen when it is turned on if that helps.

thanks!

(This post was edited by Wobblebottom on Nov 6, 2008, 8:29 AM)

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2008, 4:40 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wobblebottom] Zenith P42W46X [In reply to] Can't Post

I repaired one like that and it was the upper drive board(PN 6871QDH066B), lower drive board(PN 6871QDH067B).

Wobblebottom
New User

Nov 7, 2008, 4:41 PM

Post #3 of 7 (6021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Zenith P42W46X [In reply to] Can't Post

what do those parts cost, and what exactly is the procedure to repair them, is there soldering involved, or is it plug and play perhaps?

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2008, 2:07 AM

Post #4 of 7 (6012 views)
Shortcut

I have given you the part#s, but as I don't know where you reside,that old saying comes into play: Just how bad do we really need it! If you are in U.S. try the parts store.Good Luck!

Wobblebottom
New User

Nov 8, 2008, 2:11 AM

Post #5 of 7 (6011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] Zenith P42W46X [In reply to] Can't Post

Right, I looked at the parts, I was asking about how to replace them, is it an easy fix? Could this be done without having to go to a repair shop?

Wobblebottom
New User

Nov 9, 2008, 4:50 AM

Post #6 of 7 (6002 views)
Shortcut

Does anyone know if this repair can be done at home, or does it require a technicians skills?

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 9, 2008, 12:09 PM

Post #7 of 7 (6001 views)
Shortcut

You are going to pay a lot to fix this and I wouldnt give you 100% that that is the correct or the only parts needed. The beauty of getting someone to fix it is he fixes many TVs so his risk if he gets it wrong is reduced, You are buy, count your beads, and try. If you are lucky you will save a few dollars if not it will be as costly mistake.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)