Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems)

Chuck
New User

Nov 19, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems) Can't Post

I've got one that turns on,but unless you play with it for like 10 minutes,You don't get a picture,but you get audio and everything else. Sometimes you don't even get a picture. But if you mess with the power (Plugging and un-plugging) and hitting the On/Off button a few times,she'll kick on all the way. I don't know whether it's the CRT or the power switch inside gone bad. I already know my tuner has gone bad. The only thing you can watch on her is AUX and thats it.

I'm a novice to these things so I may need simple instructions,lol.

Thanks in advance. Wink

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 19, 2004, 5:30 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chuck] Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems) [In reply to] Can't Post

ck to see if crt filament are lit if not make sure crt socket is plugged in good and make sure the small filament wires 1 black 1 white are soldered good

Chuck
New User

Nov 19, 2004, 10:14 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems) [In reply to] Can't Post

Whare are the filament wires? lol,theres a lot of wires.

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 19, 2004, 11:44 PM

Post #4 of 9 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chuck] Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems) [In reply to] Can't Post

first see if filaments are lit

Chuck
New User

Nov 19, 2004, 11:47 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Zenith Sentry 2 20" Picture problems (Or power problems) [In reply to] Can't Post

They werent,but I got a Q-tip,but a little bit of accetone (nail polish remover) on the tip,took the back circuit board on the tube off,ran the tip on the prongs,dryed them off,put the board back on and it works,left it on since. I havent turned it off. But whats to say it dont in an hour or so,lol.

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 19, 2004, 11:55 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2095 views)
Shortcut

that may have fixed it

Chuck
New User

Nov 20, 2004, 12:09 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2092 views)
Shortcut

You think it could have just been dirty connections?

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 20, 2004, 1:03 AM

Post #8 of 9 (2086 views)
Shortcut

sure lot of zeniths were bad about that

Chuck
New User

Nov 20, 2004, 1:23 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2084 views)
Shortcut

I'll let you know if it goes back to doin what it did. Thx.
I've got anouther set though that was made around '95. I guess its the same model,it doesnt say anything on the front. But It looks identical to the sentry 2. When watching,It makes a high pitch scream. the whole time you watch it. Anyway to fix this?

(This post was edited by Chuck on Nov 20, 2004, 6:21 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)