Zenith Sentry 2 input channel?

grantus
New User

May 8, 2005, 5:03 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Sentry 2 input channel? Can't Post

Hi,

I have a Zenith Sentry 2 that's about 10 years old. I'm trying to hook up my DVD player to it by going into the RCA input in the back but the problem is I can't get to the Line Input channel! I don't have the original remote, I'm using a universale remote instead and it has an Input button but it doesn't work.

I tried using the on screen menu but there's nothing there about input. Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks.

shadetree
Veteran

May 8, 2005, 6:33 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grantus] Zenith Sentry 2 input channel? [In reply to] Can't Post

usually you can go below channel 2 and be on video

grantus
New User

May 8, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Zenith Sentry 2 input channel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah that's the thing - it's all messed up I can't go below 2, it won't let me. Should I try to re-program the channels? Would that solve it?

Bursma
User

May 9, 2005, 1:00 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1758 views)
Shortcut

1. Are you using a zenith universal remote and still having problems with the input button?

2. One quick and easy solution would be to get an RF modulator. This takes a signal as such from a DVD player and turns it into RF so it comes on the TV channel 3 or 4. RCA makes the one I am thinking about, it runs between $13-19 depending on the one you want here at Bursma. Call 1800-676-8926 and ask for Bobby if I can help ya out on that.

grantus
New User

May 9, 2005, 1:56 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] Zenith Sentry 2 input channel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nah it's some cheesy universal remote, I think what I'll do is try a really good one and if that doesn't work then I'll try the RF.

Thanks!

grantus
New User

May 16, 2005, 5:07 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1735 views)
Shortcut

Update:

I bought an RF Modulator and everything works great now. I recommend everyone in my situation do the same thing, it was cheap too. Wink

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)