Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW

Geno
New User

Jun 18, 2017, 12:17 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1139 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW Can't Post

This is a cabinet model 25'' Zenith TV manufactured in 1993 which is used sparingly. Worked perfectly until losing its normally sharp picture. Now it is very snowy and nothing seems to correct. Someone who is knowledgeable suggested the flyback diode has gone bad. Is this an expensive repair? Any other thoughts?

THANKS! Smile

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 18, 2017, 12:57 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geno] Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW [In reply to] Can't Post

If the set still has high voltage (you say you can see a snowy picture?)
I'd start by making sure that antenna/cable/A-V inputs are connected and selected correctly.

-------------------------

Geno
New User

Jun 20, 2017, 2:20 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW [In reply to] Can't Post

How I wish it were this simple of a repair! Yes all connections are good. It was connected to a cable TV box and in use when I lost the picture. Everything peripheral is good. The picture is on but very squiggly and snowy. Sound is perfect.

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 20, 2017, 3:07 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geno] Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one of sets where a intermittent short in the CRT (Vivid red or green or blue, or all three guns giving white), that would take out components in the power supply. C2212 Horiz tearing. C3432 ps

-------------------------

Geno
New User

Jun 21, 2017, 1:28 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Zenith Sentry TV model SLS2504EW [In reply to] Can't Post

My main thought is (at this point) am I looking at an expensive repair (best guess) or not? It's an old TV and I've been holding onto it for sentimental value. However, money is definitely an "object" and can't invest a whole lot into it. I may have to break down and get an actual TV repairman to check it out but those are getting a bit tough to find. Not to mention pricey. I appreciate all of your thoughts and input! Thanks so much!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)