Zenith Z27X22D problem.....

Bluestraw
New User

Jul 23, 2004, 3:31 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1377 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Z27X22D problem..... Can't Post

Hello all,

Newbie here. This will be my first attempt at television repair.Shocked So please bare with me.Angelic

Got a problem with the following model. Pirate

Zenith Z27X22D

The whole screen jump up & down vertically.Mad Rapidly that is. The picture is visible, it just 'vibrates' up & down. About 1/4" I'm guessing. I've opened it up & have tried all four of the following adjustments.
-Horiz adj
-Vert adj
-Tuner(has 2 separate adjustments. One above the other.)

None of these solves my problem.

I've been doing a little searching & was wondering the definition of 'vertical sweep'?

I found the following link & couldn't get my Zenith to display the error codes. Probably because all the buttons are rubbed clean & am not sure which buttons to push.

http://www.tvjunkyard.com/techtip.htm

Any & all help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Blue

p.s. - forgot to mention that with the back off I can hear a slight buzz. Not sure if this is normal or not. Can't locate where it's coming from though. Also, I'm being paranoid about touching anything. Guessing this is the way to go. It's also dusty as heck in there. Would it be allright to vac it out then blow it off with air??

p.p.s - This was a freebie given to me in the hopes that I would find some usefull info on how to repair. Destination would be in the kids playroom to replace there 14" set.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)