Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith model# PVY4665DT 46" won't power on

cdawley1
New User

Jun 14, 2003, 7:37 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Zenith model# PVY4665DT 46" won't power on Can't Post

I have a 46" big screen TV that my step grandfather gave me. It doesn't power on. I checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. I also checked the fuses with a ohm meter and made sure they were good. I put them back in place and tried to power on but no luck. Should I go ahead and replace fuses, even though they are still good or is there some other components that could have jarred loose during loading and unloading? It was mfg in September 1996. I am just guessing that it probably has about 50-100 hours of use on the projectors and components since my grandfather didn't watch it much. Just for informational purposes, I know the next question that you will ask is "Did I check the power supply?" I checked it and it has 120V coming into it. It has been so long ago that I am not sure how much is coming out. Will re-check and post during my next post. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks.

cdawley1
New User

Jun 15, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdawley1] Zenith model# PVY4665DT 46" won't power on [In reply to] Can't Post

I re-tested the power supply and got bad results. The power cord plugs into a connector soldered onto the pcb. I noticed that when I tried to test the power ging into the tv, I saw a blue spark. I then checked the solder joints and found that one of them loose. I will have to go to my parents house and pick up my soldering tools and re-soldier the joints. It would also help if someone could please tell me how to discharge the flyback transformer so I can pull the pcb completely off the tv and work with soldiering the joint better.

Thanks.

cdawley1
New User

Jun 16, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdawley1] Zenith model# PVY4665DT 46" won't power on [In reply to] Can't Post

I re-soldiered the power connector back onto the tv successfully but still have no sound or picture. I also don't have any voltage across the fuse when I measure across it. Someone told me that it was normal not to have voltage across the fuse unless the fuse was blown. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else it could be?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)