Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith sl2767s No Green

baddog
New User

Nov 21, 2004, 6:58 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1777 views)
Shortcut
Zenith sl2767s No Green Can't Post

Hello This one Has no green! Also I noticed when i crank the voltage adjustment on the flyback I do not get any retrace lines? Related I dont know, just an observation.

One of the transisters on the CRT PCB is about 15 volts less than the other 2, not sure if its the green transister. Any help and advice on test procedures will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

mel
Veteran

Nov 22, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baddog] Zenith sl2767s No Green [In reply to] Can't Post

The voltage on the collectors of the R/G/B output transistors can vary as much as 20 volts and still be correct so that is no indication of the source of your problem. My first suspicion is that your CRT is bad because this is quite common in these older Zeniths. Chedk to see if all three of the filaments in the CRT are lit. If not you need go no further. If so, you really need a CRT tester to check the emmision from the green gun in the CRT.

baddog
New User

Nov 22, 2004, 5:46 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Zenith sl2767s No Green [In reply to] Can't Post

Tahks for the reply! All 3 filaments are burning in the tube! Is that good? Ive tested all three video transiters with the diode function on my meter, they all seem to be tha same. Should I swap a couple of the transisters?

What is your personal test procedure for tracking down a missing color?

Thanks!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)