HT32744 powering on problem

nickbrutal
New User

Feb 24, 2006, 6:46 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1625 views)
Shortcut
HT32744 powering on problem Can't Post

I have a Sanyo HT32744 television.

Today, while my stepson was watching TV, the set turned itself off. It hadn't been on for more than a half an hour at this point.

Now, the set will not power up. When I press the power button, I hear the television click on and if I'm lucky, I'll see a flash in the center of the screen before the set turns itself back off.

I've poked around online and read some things regarding a "flyback transformer" and how that may be the problem. I realize that a) this is not a DIY job and b) this may not be the problem at all.

So to those who are more experienced, what could some of the issues be and what are some estimate costs of repair? I just recently picked up the set and am horribly depressed, so I'm looking for some shred of good news here.

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

rrobor
Veteran

Feb 24, 2006, 11:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nickbrutal] HT32744 powering on problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Sanyo's are not bad on transformers but are often bad on power regulation. So your B+ may be high and the set cuts out but that is a guess, that the odd time you see flash also suggests an OK transformer and a protection issue.

nickbrutal
New User

Feb 24, 2006, 2:33 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] HT32744 powering on problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone know what the general cost of repair for something of this nature may be?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)