Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Insignia NS-LCD26 No Display

adlegs
New User

Oct 15, 2012, 1:52 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3249 views)
Shortcut
Insignia NS-LCD26 No Display Can't Post

I have a Insignia NS-LCD26 that has this issue and I have tried reballing the Main Board to see if it would correct the issue. I used a heat gun the first time and the Tv started working but only for a few days... I reballed the entire Main Board 3 weeks ago and thought it had fixed it for good but it stopped working today. My question is should I replace the Main Board (6HA0086911) or could something else possibly be causing this issue??

Thanks for any feedback!!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2012, 4:27 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adlegs] Insignia NS-LCD26 No Display [In reply to] Can't Post

Could be the Tcon board.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

adlegs
New User

Nov 27, 2012, 2:42 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Insignia NS-LCD26 No Display [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the replay Repair Man! I am a rookie at TV repair but have experience with other electronics repair. From my research you are referring to the timing control board that handles the video signals to the LCD screen.
I little more back ground on my issue... I have heated the video chip in the main board 3 times and was able to get the TV to function but only for 3-4 days then black screen again. I have checked all of the outputs from the power supply and at the main board and they all seem good. I also notice that when I power up the TV the green light comes on but no picture and i have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to get it to turn off.
Is there a way to troubleshoot the t-con board? Dont know if any of this help... but thanks for your input!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2012, 6:45 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adlegs] Insignia NS-LCD26 No Display [In reply to] Can't Post

If heating the board got it to work even temporarily you are probably on the right track & have narrowed the problem down to the correct board. It might be a bad or possibly a cracked IC & the heat was just a temporary solution; the only real way to find out would be to replace that board & hope for the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)