Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
antennas

dinky
New User

May 7, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1714 views)
Shortcut
antennas Can't Post

i have been trying for quite sometime to find information on how to build a yagi antenna for channel 48 or where i could buy one. really appreciate any help or ideas you all may have. thanks in advance

Bursma
User

May 9, 2005, 12:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dinky] antennas [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you just looking for an outdoor antenna that would allow you to view channel 48 and other channel in that frequency range (channel 14-69?)

dinky
New User

May 9, 2005, 10:45 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] antennas [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bursma-- no i am looking for an yagi antenna that is just for channel 48, It seem that quite awhile ago they were for sale but i can't find them now. I would be glad to build one if i could find out what the sizes and distance of the collecters are. Thank you for your time

Bursma
User

May 10, 2005, 2:55 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dinky] antennas [In reply to] Can't Post

A TV viewing yagi antenna just for a specific UHF channel? I haven't heard of such a beast, nor would I know how a channel specific antenna is different from a genneral UHF yagi (if you know, please let me know).

What I can tell you is that channel 48's frequency band is 674-680 MHz. The picture Carrier is 675.25, the color carrier is 677.579, and the sound carrier is 678.5. You will also want to know how long a distance you want to recieve the signal. I can tell you an outdoor UHF/VHF antenna with a range of 30 miles would cost around $40, probably below that. A UHF yagi would probably run under $75.

Good luck. If you want to actually buy one, I might be able to help you out.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)