Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
ge thirty one inch no color only black and white

BUZZARDBOYLE
New User

Jun 5, 2005, 5:08 AM

Post #1 of 5 (911 views)
Shortcut
ge thirty one inch no color only black and white Can't Post

GE 31 inch regular,tv color NOT WORKING tried all adjustments but no color.............dvd plays color over it, but not tv itself...........any advise as to repair

(This post was edited by BUZZARDBOYLE on Jun 5, 2005, 3:31 PM)

Hect7369
User

Jun 5, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #2 of 5 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BUZZARDBOYLE] ge thirty one inch no color only black and white [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like IF/AGC/AFT circuits defective.

BUZZARDBOYLE
New User

Jun 6, 2005, 7:16 AM

Post #3 of 5 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hect7369] ge thirty one inch no color only black and white [In reply to] Can't Post

TRULY, NICE OF YOU TO ADVISE ME..........I WILL CHECK IT OUT AS TO POSSIBLY HAVING A FRIEND WHO LIKES TO SODDER CHECK IT OUT........ANY IDEA HOW MUCH....BALLPARK...THE ITEM COST OR WHERE TO GET ONE ON LINE OR AM I JUST WASTING TIME............AGAIN THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME

Bursma
User

Jun 6, 2005, 2:38 PM

Post #4 of 5 (883 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BUZZARDBOYLE] ge thirty one inch no color only black and white [In reply to] Can't Post

To tell you the exact price, we need a model number which is on the back of the television. Maybe someone else can estimate something.

As far as parts distributers, you can go to www.wehaveparts.com, they have lots of stuff but they'll generally give you the retail listed price. You could also call 800-676-8926, which is me. I'll keep updated on this, and once I get the model number I'll let you know about the parts.

mel
Veteran

Jun 6, 2005, 9:58 PM

Post #5 of 5 (874 views)
Shortcut

This may be one of those RCAs with bad solder joints in the tuner. If so, you don't need parts, just resolder the tuner.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)