Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
h-line / no sound / power on-off

gzk
New User

May 29, 2005, 1:54 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1000 views)
Shortcut
h-line / no sound / power on-off Can't Post

Hi people! For some days ago, I couldn't get my TV on. Well, the switch was on, but the stand-by red light went off, and unless I tapped the set on the side, I couldn't get anything on the screen. I guessed it was a matter of power supply, so I removed the backside and checked the cord and the switch. I replaced the cord, but both seemed to be ok. However, the TV only responded when I moved the circuit board in and outside the set. It worked for a few days, until I got only a horizontal bright line and absolutely no sound, accompanying the power problems. Only ressorting to the in and outwards movements Laugh, I got sometimes the red light, full screen and sound back. But now it came to an end, and I just have only the horizontal bar, if I get it, or the channel number with no signal at all. I seems to be more than the common vertical deflection issue. So I'll appreciate very much any suggestion from you all.

Sanyo CEP3012D

Electro
New User

May 30, 2005, 7:28 PM

Post #2 of 3 (986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gzk] h-line / no sound / power on-off [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a cracked etch on the board. Try to position the board in front of you (solder side) and carefully look over the board etch for a hairline crack, especially around the power section and the area around the flyback. You may need a magnifying glass for this.

You could try desoldering key component terminals to isolate the lines and use a multitester at X1 to test for continuity. Since there are a lot of lines to check, start with the large power lines. Patience gives sweet rewards.

Of course, the advance mode of testing continuity is with an oscilloscope. That hairline crack is quickly exposed by a change in waveform along a line. Wink

gzk
New User

Jun 1, 2005, 11:14 AM

Post #3 of 3 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Electro] h-line / no sound / power on-off [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Electro! I don't have an oscillator, but think I have a tester somewhere at home.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)