Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
help with RCA CTC177BP2

steering
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1336 views)
Shortcut
help with RCA CTC177BP2 Can't Post

I have a GE chassis CTC177BP2 that blew a flyback, i change the flyback but when the set powers up the left and right sides of the screen comes in about 3 inches from the sides and then it shuts down and blew the horizantal output. B+ is showin 148 volts can't figure what the problem is. Frown sometimes the relay clicks a couple times after power on.

crawdaddy
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 3:18 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steering] help with RCA CTC177BP2 [In reply to] Can't Post

When you say you changed the flyback I assume you used an identical replacement...you are no doubt aware that RCA sets won't accept generic parts for most applications. If you have access to a Variac, run the set at a reduced voltage...this may buy you some time to find out if the HOT is running warm and to carefully touch the electrolytic caps in the horizontal section to find any hot ones that may be dried out. Check the main filter cap, too...they cause wierd things to happen in the tv chassis. The voltage you quote (148) is a bit high...140 is generally the regulated B+ value...as to the relay, it should click when you power the set up, and a second or so later, it should click again. This relay is for the degauss circuit, which is active for about 1.5 seconds (hence the two clicks) and is not involved in the set's operation again till the next power-up. If you're hearing it, it's a good indication that the eeprom and the microprocessor are comunicating, and you've narrowed it down to power supply, or the horizontal section(most likely) Good luck let us know how you make out, and post again if you need to Smile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)