Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
high pitch sound comes and goes in 14 inch rca

ohms
New User

Feb 14, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1013 views)
Shortcut
high pitch sound comes and goes in 14 inch rca Can't Post

i noticed this sound when repairing vertical circuit.when i put circuit board back in tv i noticed this sound.bending the board would eliminate the sound.put tv back together and everything would work fine then you would get the high frequency sound. a slight tap will eliminate it for awhile. i,m thinking a cold solder joint or like mel said two components vibrating.what kind of laquer would you use.is it a special laquer for electronic repair or just a furniture spray laquer. Thanks!

crawdaddy
New User

Feb 14, 2005, 3:21 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohms] high pitch sound comes and goes in 14 inch rca [In reply to] Can't Post

I've run into this too, especially when the boards are a little tight sliding back into the cabinet. Mel's solution is probably the right one, most of the time,it's either the flyback with a couple of poorly soldered pins(because of those damn "rivlets"), or a coil or small transformer like the horizontal driver transformer that has worked itself loose due to heat cycling. As you know there is mechanical stress as well as electrical stress on these components so weird noises can be hard to trace. Good luck, let us know what happensSmile

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.24 s on (CGI/1.1)