Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9

gmonroeii
New User

May 31, 2005, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1212 views)
Shortcut
hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 Can't Post

My channel selector when turned to 1-9 channels comes up with a blank screen. What cause this. Is there anyway to bypass the problem using my channel selector for my cable. It has its own channel selector. i think my channel 3 has to work on the tv or the channel selector for the cable won't work. Tv is a 32 inch and the pic on channels 10 up are fine. I'd sure like to use it with my new cable set up. Its about a 1994 or 5 model. Any help would be appreciated.

shadetree
Veteran

May 31, 2005, 4:06 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gmonroeii] hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 [In reply to] Can't Post

most 32in tv's have a/v inputs run your cable box into them using rca cables

gmonroeii
New User

May 31, 2005, 10:13 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 [In reply to] Can't Post

The hitachi has 3 ports on the front bottom that are now plugged by rca cables to the dvd player. Are you saying that if I unplugged the dvd and plugged these cables into the back of the cable box I could get channel 3 to work again?

mel
Veteran

May 31, 2005, 10:30 PM

Post #4 of 9 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gmonroeii] hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, if your DVD player has an RF input, you can plug your cable box into it.

gmonroeii
New User

May 31, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 [In reply to] Can't Post

both my dvd and vcr have to have the tv tuned into channel 3 or 4 before they will work. when I turn the tv on channel 3 I get a blank screen. The cabler tech said the cable box requires the tv to be on channel 3 or 4 before it will work too. I'll see if when I plug the wires into the cable box that are plugged into the dvd if I can use the cable box channel changer to tune to channel 3. This is what the people that hooked up the cable box said wouldn't work. they said the tv had to be able to tune inchannel 3 on its own. I told them the tv tech at the local tv store told me what you have told me and they said he was wrong.

shadetree
Veteran

Jun 1, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1187 views)
Shortcut

no!! change to video input on your tv

shadetree
Veteran

Jun 1, 2005, 12:04 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] hitachi tv doesn't picl up channels 1-9 [In reply to] Can't Post

forget about channel 3 or 4 or any other other channel when you go into a/v inputs you bypass tuner

gmonroeii
New User

Jun 1, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1184 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your help. Im sure you are right and that cable tech didn't know what he was talking about. Problem is I'm a dumb ass. I still can't get it to work. Got the cable coming in from outside to the back of the cable box and from there to the vcr and from there to the tv. I plugged the three cables in to the back of the box and to the front 3 color coded jacks on the front of the tv. I don't know what else to do. Maybe I have to jack around with the set up of the tv itself. You can't plug the cable into the dvd so I just completely disconnected it and am using the 3 jjacks to wire up the tv to the cable box.

mel
Veteran

Jun 1, 2005, 1:24 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1180 views)
Shortcut

The RCA jacks on the back of the TV are probably VIDEO 1 and the front jacks VIDEO 2 (or vice versa). Run the cable to the RF input on the VCR. From the VCR you have the three RCA cables to the rear input jacks on the TV. The VCR has a TV/VCR button. The TV position will feed the signal directly thru the VCR to the TV so switch the VCR to the VCR position to use the VCRs tuner. Switch the TV to VIDEO 1 (or 2 as appropriate) . Tune the VCR to channel 3 (or 4) because here all you are doing is using the VCR as a tuner and IF amps bypassing those in the TV. The DVD can stay hooled up and used as VIDEO 2 (or ! as appropriate) Hope this helps.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)