Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ?

autometrik
New User

May 21, 2018, 11:55 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1132 views)
Shortcut
how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ? Can't Post

i can't figure out how to remove the T-CON board from my
VIZIO 390i-B0 TV ?

i wanted to remove it so i can sell it seperately since the TV inner screen is cracked, and from my understanding, i thought the T-CON board is the skinny board going across the width of the bottom of the panel, that mainboard ribbon cable connects to and also has a bunch of clear ribbons connected to it along the bottom of the panel? or tell me if i'm wrong? but the only other boards i see on the whole tv is the main board and power supply, so it made me think that one along the bottom is the T-CON board ?

im posting a picture of it and maybe someone can tell by looking at it, how to remove the T-CON board from this model ? or if its not removeable or anything like that ? thanks

(This post was edited by autometrik on May 21, 2018, 12:06 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

May 22, 2018, 3:39 AM

Post #2 of 10 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [autometrik] how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ? [In reply to] Can't Post

IF the eight ribbons along bottom are not socketed, The Tcon is replaced with the panel.

-------------------------

autometrik
New User

May 22, 2018, 6:04 AM

Post #3 of 10 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ? [In reply to] Can't Post

when you say "socketed", do you mean "connected" or "attached" where it goes under that crack along the bottom of the panel ? sorry, just did'nt understand what you meant exactly ?

really, i just wanted to know if it is removeable or not ?, cause if it is, i was going to remove it and include it as part of a parts repair kit bundle i was going to put for sale on ebay, that has (main board, power supply, ribbon cable, wires, wi-fi module, IR sensor, power button, and the T-CON if i can remove it), cause thats what i saw others selling on ebay, so i figured i should find out how to take the T-CON off to put that for sale with it, so it would be more of a complete Parts Repair Kit for people that need all the parts except the TV screen/panel.

jts1957
Veteran

May 22, 2018, 6:37 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [autometrik] how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ? [In reply to] Can't Post

If ribbons plug into s socket where it can be detached after releasing any locks on the socket, it's removable.
If you have to literally rip ribbon from its bonded contacts on the circuit board, it's NOT removable. Crazy

autometrik
New User

May 25, 2018, 11:03 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] how do you remove this VIZIO T-CON board ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok, i understand what you mean now,

the ribbons going along the bottom almost looked like they were glued or permenantly connected to the bottom edge of the green circuit board, and then the other side of the ribbons go inside the crack you can't see, which is the bottom edge of the TV panel frame.

but, i will look closer at them to make sure they don't have some sort of socket or way to disconnect them from the circuit board, to make sure.

thanks

jts1957
Veteran

May 25, 2018, 6:33 PM

Post #6 of 10 (1072 views)
Shortcut

You will find that the other ends of those ribbons are attached the same way to the TFT glass.

autometrik
New User

May 25, 2018, 9:38 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1069 views)
Shortcut

yeah, thats exactly what i saw when took the rear panel off to take a closer look.

theres no type of socket or flip thing that clips them in place on the bottom side, only the ones in the middle top section for the 2 small white ribbon cables that clip in place, but the bottom ones are different and they look glued or attached over a bunch of gold lines in a row on the board side, and then i pulled out the frame of the panel to see in there and the other side of the ribbons just attach to the glass screen of the tv panel like you said.

so,...............therefore........... would you say that my T-CON is'nt removeable ? it seems that way to me ?

at least i tried to find out if it was or not, cause i was just trying to add another part to my ebay listing titled "VIZIO 390i-B0 Parts Repair Kit", cause i saw other listings like that included a T-CON Board, but they had ones they could remove i guess.

well, thanks for helping me with this though

jts1957
Veteran

May 25, 2018, 11:12 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1065 views)
Shortcut

Since the Tcon is integral ('part of') the panel ... the Panel is what's gonna be replaced.

autometrik
New User

May 26, 2018, 4:11 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1062 views)
Shortcut

i got it,

i dropped this TV off at a TV repair shop for an estimate and quote on what was wrong with it and it turned out it had a cracked inner screen, cause it had all these vertical colored lines and part of the screen was all black and had an odd outline, i bought it used from a friend for just $100 including a nice swivel/adjustable wall-mount which i am using for my newer TV, and the shop said it would cost almost 200 to replace the screen and so of course i said no, and took the TV home, but at least i know what was wrong with it and that they said all the other parts are good, so i know those are good to sell and make some money back on it.

but i was going to ask if i should put up the whole TV body/panel/screen up for sale online ? i mean are there people who need the frame around the screen or the body or that T-CON board inside of it or anything ? or should i just trash it ?

jts1957
Veteran

May 26, 2018, 4:50 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1059 views)
Shortcut

Here's what Shop Jimmy had/has been offering:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e390i-b0
&
http://www.shopjimmy.com/...odels=Vizio+E390I-B0

NOTE correct Model number.

(This post was edited by jts1957 on May 26, 2018, 4:57 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.27 s on (CGI/1.1)