Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
how to solder large IC???

drbob101
New User

Jul 29, 2004, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1293 views)
Shortcut
how to solder large IC??? Can't Post

I had posted this on projection forum and got no response. Hopefull someone here can help

I realize that this may be a very basic question for this forum, but anyway...I have to replace 2 ics on my TV, 4277 and the other large one whose number escapes me right now. In looking at the board, I am a bit hesitant to jump in. I am a very handy person and a dentist , so working with the materials doesnt concern me, I would just like to know the best way to proceed in removing these compenents, What solder gun and type of solder, and I am sure as in anything there are tricks of the trade that I woud appreciate to know.

Is there a link to a document that anyone knows about doing this? These things have LOTS of pins :) Any help is apprecaired.

I only have a cheap plug in solder gun BTW. Should I get a better one?

Thank you

MaierTV
User

Jul 29, 2004, 6:42 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drbob101] how to solder large IC??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Try Radio Shack get some desoldering braid, a small ( like there 15 watt solder Pencil ) and some small solder. Heat the pins with the solder pencil and at the same time holding the braid along side and you will see how thias braid works, after a few attepts it becomes real easy

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)