Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
looks like my tv exploded from the inside

nightinme
New User

Jan 10, 2005, 12:42 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1086 views)
Shortcut
looks like my tv exploded from the inside Can't Post

i recently shipped my sony kv32fs17 32" tv across the country. when i took it out of the box i noticed that the screen had something resembling a huge inkspot on the inside. There were also little white particles present, similar to dust or dandruff. The tv will not turn on. However, when plugged in, the red timer light blinks. Did something explode in my tv? If so, what? Does this sound fixable? ..or do I have to junk it? It's only 3 years old and cost a lot of money. Please let me know what you think.

mel
Veteran

Jan 10, 2005, 1:07 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nightinme] looks like my tv exploded from the inside [In reply to] Can't Post

Bad news. It sounds like the CRT has imploded and the replacement cost would be almost as much as (if not more) than the cost of a new set. The "dust" that you see is the material that has peeled off of the inside ot the tube at the "inkspot" that you mention. If you shipped it comercially, you may have a claim against the shipper but I wouldn't count on it. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10848674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)