Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
mittsubishi tv - cs40503 How to totally restore factory settings

nyfilm123
New User

Dec 26, 2004, 9:23 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1419 views)
Shortcut
mittsubishi tv - cs40503 How to totally restore factory settings Can't Post

Is there away to totally restore factory settings on this tv??? a switch or a button somewhere?????... i have a problem with tv where a black box appears over 80 percent of my picture everytine after 1 -2 seconds after im viewing a channel.. i have no idea what it is ... soem display setting is on however i seen none that are.. and no locks are active.. i never set anypasswords for channels or anything like that..

Idunno maybe a display text setting...

any responces greatly appreciated... thanks

mike

shadetree
Veteran

Dec 26, 2004, 11:23 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nyfilm123] mittsubishi tv - cs40503 How to totally restore factory settings [In reply to] Can't Post

turn the closed caption off

nyfilm123
New User

Dec 28, 2004, 5:01 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] mittsubishi tv - cs40503 How to totally restore factory settings [In reply to] Can't Post

ha, you would think that that is the case but isnt.. closed captioning is off and lock enabled is off ... so there is no channel lock out eithers..

I am very tech savvy yet this one stumped me... any more ideas would be helpfull...

4 different pc geeks spent a few hours on this and no luck..

mike

nyfilm123@aol.com

shadetree
Veteran

Dec 28, 2004, 6:10 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nyfilm123] mittsubishi tv - cs40503 How to totally restore factory settings [In reply to] Can't Post

do you have anything hooked to it that has cc sat reciever or ete i'm sure you don't but i get service calls all the time for this trouble and it's always cc try calling mitsubishi consumer electronics 1-800 no. call 1800-555-1212 and ask for no.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)