Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
need speaker element - sony kv-20xbr

ginahoy
New User

Nov 1, 2004, 1:47 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2061 views)
Shortcut
need speaker element - sony kv-20xbr Can't Post

I have a nearly-twenty-yr-old Sony KV-20XBR that's developed its first (!!) problem. One of the speaker elements has a ripped cone. The KV-20/27XBR is the model has detachable "APM" speakers (not sure if other models had this design). The speaker element itself is approximately 2-7/8" square, part number 8-927-199-00. I see four possible solutions:

1) find OEM speaker via conventional parts channels (referral to good online sources would be appreciated)

2) find someone with non-functioning tv with these speakers who would part with one or both speaker elements

3) find a non-Sony speaker element that will fit the APM cabinet cutout (may be hard to find a square speaker?)

4) buy some used bookshelf speakers (the TV has 8-ohm speaker jacks on rear)

Although this TV has a full complement of AV connections, it doesn't have built-in speakers. Its serves a bedroom that doesn't have an audio system. So, until I fix this problem, it only plays through one audio channel (it has a stereo tuner).

DB

mel
Veteran

Nov 2, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginahoy] need speaker element - sony kv-20xbr [In reply to] Can't Post

If the speaker cone isn't to badly deteriorated, you can lay a bead of Elmers white glue across the tear and let it set and you will never know the differsence.

ginahoy
New User

Nov 2, 2004, 2:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] need speaker element - sony kv-20xbr [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If the speaker cone isn't to badly deteriorated, you can lay a bead of Elmers white glue across the tear and let it set and you will never know the differsence.

Thanks for responding, Mel. Unfortunately, a piece peeled off... I had no idea the cone was made of foam -- I should have been more careful. In any case, the original tear traversed 2-1/2 sides.

DB

(This post was edited by ginahoy on Nov 17, 2004, 2:00 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.22 s on (CGI/1.1)