Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
panasonic 37" plasma problem...grrrrrr.

hometech
New User

Feb 4, 2005, 4:05 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1301 views)
Shortcut
panasonic 37" plasma problem...grrrrrr. Can't Post

I am having a problem with a Panasonic TH-37PX25 plasma. Unit works perfectly with either a 480p or 1080i input. Problem occurs only when watching 480i. When watching 480i the picture has red horizontal streaks overlaying the entire picture. The streaks have an almost digital quality to them....each streak has a horizontal line about a half inch long followed by three or four dots. The picture behind the streaking has bad chroma but the luminance appears correct. Red seems to bloom, flesh tones appear black and white. Have eliminated sources and cords as problem as symptom has been reproduced using Sencore signal generator. I have no Panasonic service codes so I can't verify that it is set to automatic decode of formats. Can't find a user setting for automatic decode. Could be an outright failure or setting....I just don't know. Problem occurs on both antenna inputs and both component inputs. Any ideas?????????

hometech
New User

Feb 12, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hometech] panasonic 37" plasma problem...grrrrrr. [In reply to] Can't Post

Problem solved: Panasonic has issued software upgrade available to authorized servicers.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)