Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
panasonic ct20g7df

bobelon
New User

Apr 25, 2005, 1:48 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2778 views)
Shortcut
panasonic ct20g7df Can't Post

I am able to get into the basic serviceman mode using the remote. there i find several different serviceman modes (menus). i do not have the key to identify which mode adjusts which function and the default settings as well as range. i am looking to adjust the horizontal. thanks, bobby ray

mel
Veteran

Apr 25, 2005, 9:54 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bobelon] panasonic ct20g7df [In reply to] Can't Post

Horizontal what? The only horizontal adjustment that I see is horiz centering which I believe is C9 on that model. Range is 0 - 31 default is 16 and on set level is 13. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to upgrade to a larger/newer set with a little effort on your part.

bobelon
New User

Apr 26, 2005, 8:15 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] panasonic ct20g7df [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel, The cable input box got fried by lightning, i replaced it an the tv is perfect except for the horizontal adjustment [the screen is too big and we can't see closed captioning]. The only menus i have are for another Panasonic model. We live on an island in the Caribbean and a new tv is VERY expensive. The import duty is about 90%! The tv is a 2002 mod. and it is only slightly out of adjustment. I would also like to check some other settings like brightness and contrast etc. Thanks for your attention. Bobby Ray

mel
Veteran

Apr 26, 2005, 8:56 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2764 views)
Shortcut

It sounds more like you are addressing the vertical size (overscanning at the top and bottom rather than the sides). I believe that would be function B7. There is no service menu function for adjusting the width. Although I do not have the tech package for that specific model, I can Email you set instructions on one that I have that looks close

bobelon
New User

Apr 27, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] panasonic ct20g7df [In reply to] Can't Post

Mel, Thanks again for your reply. You are absolutly correct the problem i have is verticle - overscanning on the top and bottom. Sorry for the confusion i am not a technician, just a novice trying to improve my tv. No one on this island is qualified to repair this set so i'm trying to do it myself. What i need is a menu of service modes and the codes and settings in those menu's. I found out how to get into the service mode online but the menu's i have are for another model [panasonic family GL10C]. If you could email these i would be most grateful. bobby ray ebobbyray@hotmail.com

mel
Veteran

Apr 27, 2005, 9:25 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2758 views)
Shortcut

It is in the mail.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)