Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
panasonic squealing noise.

anguishedhorse
New User

Apr 28, 2005, 1:53 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1692 views)
Shortcut
panasonic squealing noise. Can't Post

Ok so i caused the problem but i would like to fix it anyway.

I had just finished watering the plant on top of the enterrainment center , a few minutes later im telling my daughter to turn down the tv and she tells me it wont. I had a look and you guessed it the TV got a drink to. I let it dry out and tried to disapate the water with some electrical contact spray. It worked fine the next day,except the remote. Keep Reading it gets better.

I am a mechanic and consider myself quite capable of repairing most things with some self study. My track record is half decent.

I removed the mainboard from the tv. Two of the wires from the infrared remote pickup were completly coroded off the board as well as a condensor. I have soldered circuit boards from ECM's before and thought i could repair this. I cleaned the board and re-sodered the remote pickup and condensor using some short pieces of coated wire as i didnt have much left to work with on the old parts.

The tv is back together and the remote works fine , there is one problem that is quite annoying.

There is a high frequency noise that is there even when the sound i muted. I know all Screens can make this sound but not this loud. The noise was not there before. Could it be the condensor i soldered on is cooked inside and not storing properly and causing feed back? If i bang the tv the noise will stop, but somtimes will come back or not go away at all. I would like a better soultion than to give it a wack.

Im sure thats not what a repair shop would recomend.

Ther didnt appear to be corosion any where else on the board, but there was alot in that area. Im wonder if my wife has watered the tv before and not noticed. It did happen to me.

The fly back is sealed and no where near the repair.

Any suggestions on how to fix the noise?

Thanks.

mel
Veteran

Apr 28, 2005, 8:47 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anguishedhorse] panasonic squealing noise. [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the sound coming thru the speakers or is is mechanical sound from inside the set. If the latter, you need to pinpoint the specific location and determine what is vibrating. This condition is often caused by the wafers inside a transformer vibrating together and can sometimes be cured by sprayng the transformer with a clear acrylic spray. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set. I would also recommend that you either move the plants or the TV to avoid further incidents. The corrosion that you describe would probably not have been caused by a single incident of water getting in the TV

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)