picture missing

angel
New User

Feb 13, 2005, 9:50 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1896 views)
Shortcut
picture missing Can't Post

hi all,

just a quick question. i have a 27" RCA TV manufactured in i belive 2000. with in the last few months the picture has disappeared about 3 or 4 inches in on each side running vertically. when u turn it on u might get the whole picture for maybe a minute if ur lucky and then it reverts to a partial picture. any ideas what this is and if it would be worth having a repair technician fix it or is it just shot??

TIA

mel
Veteran

Feb 14, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angel] picture missing [In reply to] Can't Post

Do a Google search for RCA TV narrow picture. It will take you to a site which sells a kit to fix this problem for about $15. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

angel
New User

Feb 14, 2005, 5:02 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] picture missing [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx i shall try Wink

angel
New User

Feb 14, 2005, 5:13 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angel] picture missing [In reply to] Can't Post

ok i did a seach and it gave me a link to ebay actually that sells the kit. but the picture they showed just looks like the picture itself is smaller. with ours the picture on the sides is actually missing, like if a phone number runs across the bottom of the screen we will c the middle part only. maybe i just couldnt tell with the picture they used. im not sure. but i want to make sure u fully understand what its doing and its hard to do based on reading a post. lol. i appreciate ur response and patience. look forward to hearing a conformation from u Cool

-=Angel=-

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)