portland tv, no remote..will uni

howland61
New User

Jun 1, 2005, 12:23 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1120 views)
Shortcut
portland tv, no remote..will uni Can't Post

hi ,

i have a portland ,i believe 13 inch, 1988 cable ready,model # TCQ-1334F and i have it in my kitchen. i finally got cable hooked up to it and flipped switch to ctv and i only get 2-36 then it jumps to 95.... the cable guy said that i need remote to bring up menu since there is no other button in front or anywhere else on tv to bring up menu. since i do not have the original remote ( got lost in move ), would a universial remote work to do this and if so is there a peticular way to pick one out for this set? i have never had to buy a universial remote so i would not know what to look for to purchase one. any help or information would really be great . thanks for looking

mel
Veteran

Jun 1, 2005, 10:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [howland61] portland tv, no remote..will uni [In reply to] Can't Post

Most unversal remotes will work with a Portland TV. The package for each will list those that it is compatible with. I find that the RCA model # RCU403 is an inexpensive remote and has worked with all of the refurbished TVs that I sell except Emerson.

(This post was edited by mel on Jun 1, 2005, 10:09 PM)

Bursma
User

Jun 2, 2005, 12:47 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [howland61] portland tv, no remote..will uni [In reply to] Can't Post

You could also go with a RCU300. It's a 3 function remote with a menu key. I could get you one for 3.75.

614-299-9040

mel
Veteran

Jun 2, 2005, 10:48 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] portland tv, no remote..will uni [In reply to] Can't Post

I pay $4.95 for the RCU403, that includes batteries and I don't have to pay for shipping

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)