Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
rca tv mod@t25001gy chassis@b4vy91rut

stan31
User

Apr 21, 2005, 1:47 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1157 views)
Shortcut
rca tv mod@t25001gy chassis@b4vy91rut Can't Post

i posted on 16th but got no answer,may not have made symptoms clear.the set powers up .good hi volt but no raster no sound.however the on screen is viewable.all menus are ok.the vcr does not show either.can some one tell me where to start?

thanks every one stan in florida

mel
Veteran

Apr 21, 2005, 9:42 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stan31] rca tv mod@t25001gy chassis@b4vy91rut [In reply to] Can't Post

The tape carriage is probably not returning to its full eject position so the tv thinks that the VCR is still on. Sometimes just cleaning the dust laden grease out of the carriage tracks will clear the problem. This is a prime reason for buying the TV and VCR separately. More often than not, the VCR fails and renders the TV inoperative whereas if the VCR were separate, you could just throw it away and buy a new one cheaper than the cost of repairs. With that in mind, you might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an oppoertunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Hect7369
User

Apr 26, 2005, 3:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stan31] rca tv mod@t25001gy chassis@b4vy91rut [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Stan.Starting to see if Pc is broken,measure eprom pins,vcc+5v and DTA/CLK(+5V).Is this a tv,25"?I repaired 2 a few years ago,and needed to replace the eprom,those are cheap(eprom) and you get out of doubt.

Those are plastic black cabinet TVCR 25".

I wish you luck.

Hect.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)