rca xl-100 dark picture

chris_gen05
New User

Apr 27, 2005, 3:23 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1829 views)
Shortcut
rca xl-100 dark picture Can't Post

hi to all..

Just found this forum and I got a series of questions for the RCA crowd. I was just given a RCA XL-100 model #X26023WN for free from my mother-in-law. Upon inspecting the TV I have noticed that the picture is quite dark/dimm. I have tried all the adjustments in the back tring to get rid of it. Also have tried the on board controls for brightness and contrast. Nothing seems to help very much. The picture seems to be alright with the exception of the brightness.

I guess my question would be is there an easy fix for this problem and what could be the cause?

Would I need to purchase a new picture tube for this television ( this is a 27" TV)

What should I check for? I am pretty handy with circut boards since I am a computer technician.

I appreciate any responces to this.

mel
Veteran

Apr 27, 2005, 10:43 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris_gen05] rca xl-100 dark picture [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe that model has a brightness level adjust pot on the main board somewhere on the middle left side of the board. If adjusting that and the screen voltage doesn't help, yopu probably have a weak picture tube and the cost of replacement would be more than the set itself is worth. You might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part. My wife is enjoying a new 27" Sony Vega that we received under this promotion and it saved me a bunch of bucks on her birthday present.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)