F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault

New User

Apr 30, 2012, 8:05 PM

Post #1 of 9 (4074 views)
Shortcut
samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault Can't Post

i replaced the inverter to find that the 4 ceramic caps are faulty to but cannot find the rating for them..they say 3d 3kv does anyone know what 3d is please as i cannot find any info to replace this

(This post was edited by 608 on Apr 30, 2012, 8:26 PM)

jts1957
Veteran

Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 PM

Post #2 of 9 (4058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [608] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

3pfd?
3,000 volts!
Cool

-------------------------

mel
Veteran

Apr 30, 2012, 10:33 PM

Post #3 of 9 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

What is the component designation (C???) of these caps and how do you know that they are bad?

New User

May 1, 2012, 6:22 PM

Post #4 of 9 (4045 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

the board numbers are c301 c302 c303 c304 i removed them from the board to test and 2 of them seemed low so i balanced them out and the tv worked for abit then the screen went black again. i have already replaced the inverter so its got to be these caps .... just need to know which 3kv cap to put back in if you can help

mel
Veteran

May 1, 2012, 7:37 PM

Post #5 of 9 (4042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [608] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

I found the service manual but unfortunately it does not contain a parts list. There is a RAR file service manual listed on elektrotanya.com for your model but I can't open an RAR file so I don't know if it will help. Good luck Blush

Ron.M
Veteran

May 1, 2012, 8:39 PM

Post #6 of 9 (4041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

mel;.....

Your computer may already have a built in extraction for RAR files...
Some Windows OS may have it....
After you download the file , right click on the file & see if "Extract All" appears...
("Extract All" will ONLY show up on zipped files)
IF it does , you can do it without any further downloading...
IF it does not , see below....

RAR & other file types are easy to open IF you use 7-Zip for extraction....
You can get it FREE here;=>....
http://7-zip.soft32.com/...Xy368CFcjb4AodtywfAQ

After you install it , when you right click on zipped files you will see "7-Zip" with an arrow to the right....
When you download a zipped file such as the Samsung , create a new folder for the Samsung...
Rename the new folder "Samsung"...
Drag & drop the downloaded file into the new folder....
Open the folder...
Right click on the Samsung file...
Select 7-Zip...
New choices will appear in a sub window....
Select "Extract Here"
That will open up the file(s) & put all the info in the new folder instead of having the files scattered all over your desktop...
See , wasn't that easy ???
Once you get the hang of it , it's a piece of cake....Wink...
No matter which system you use , ALWAYS create & use a seperate new folder to extract your files in...
Reason is that some files have lots & lots of sub folders that will be scattered ALL over the desktop , My Documents , etc , IF you don't....Unsure...

Yer welcome....Sly....

Later...Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

(This post was edited by Ron.M on May 1, 2012, 8:42 PM)

mel
Veteran

May 1, 2012, 10:17 PM

Post #7 of 9 (4035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] samsung syncmaster p2270 hd black screen powerboard fault [In reply to] Can't Post

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? My Os (Windows Vista) does have the option. Thanks Ron Sly

New User

May 1, 2012, 11:41 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4032 views)
Shortcut

hi thanks for the reply.i downloaded it but it doesnt show any parts on the powerboard....is there a way that if i buy all ratings of 3kv that i could try them???? without blowing anything up???

mel
Veteran

May 2, 2012, 2:24 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4023 views)
Shortcut

I don't think so but I wouldn't guarantee it. I would start with JTs suggestion of 3pf

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)