sharp 27" parts in sharp 32"

neonnate1002
New User

Jan 15, 2005, 7:42 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1130 views)
Shortcut
sharp 27" parts in sharp 32" Can't Post

i have no clue about tvs but i'm handy on repairing things

i was wondering if i can use parts from a 27" and put them in a 32"...my picture all of a sudden had gotten darker and from what i have read its that voltage control thing. i tried turning it up but it did not help, all the menu funtions for the picture have no effect except brightness but it dont help, the menus and the volume display ect. all come up nice and bright just the picture is darker...other than that everything on the tv works just fine.....and all to my luck my warrenty expired a month ago...please note i have no testing equipment at all or do not know the location of anything..i just know not to touch things while its plugged in...lol....thankx for any help i may recieve.....nate

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 16, 2005, 5:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neonnate1002] sharp 27" parts in sharp 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

try turning up screen control on high veltage transformer inside set, top control

neonnate1002
New User

Jan 16, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] sharp 27" parts in sharp 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

thats what i have already tried as stated in my first post...i called it that voltage thingy...lol....it didnt help

mel
Veteran

Jan 17, 2005, 12:20 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neonnate1002] sharp 27" parts in sharp 32" [In reply to] Can't Post

Parts are interchangeable as long as they are the same part number but I'm not sure how you will go about deciding which parts to change. The symptoms that you describe sounds like a problem in the video section but just haphazzardy changing parts can cause more problems than you already have. If your set is relatively new as your post implies, let a professional work on it and save yourself some time and probably money in the long run. Meanwhile, you might want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens .com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)