Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony 27"

electronicguy
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1575 views)
Shortcut
sony 27" Can't Post

Hi, my Sony lost the picture and there are only diagonal lines across the screen, there is sound but only lines and a noise that you can hear like a leaky gas noise. Any ideas on what to check?

Huskerman99
New User

Dec 14, 2004, 8:51 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [electronicguy] sony 27" [In reply to] Can't Post

The hissing could be actually coming from your horizontal output transistor, your tube, or possibly a flyback. With picture being present I would not assume the flyback. I would try first things first by adjusting the screen knob which may be connected to the flyback on your tv. There should be a device that has a spark plug-like wire coming from it... on the back side of this should be two knobs labeled screen and focus. You would want to adjust the screen knob, don't touch the focus. Some sets even have access to these without taking the back off of the TV. But it would be likely to be in the rear of the TV. Another question is does your menu work??? or channel numbers appear OK? I would guess that your HOT is about to short out completely and is simply causing excessive High voltage, which could be the hissing sound. But try adjusting the screen knob, if it does not noticeably change the brightness of your television (you would need to use a mirror while adjusting so you can see the front of the tube while adjusting this in the rear) then your Hot should be checked for a short(with power off). Read up on it first if you do not know what you are doing.

Phoenix, AZ yesterday above 80 degrees, so glad I moved here from the midwest!
Thanks,
DJ
A.A.S. Electronic Servicing
Working on BA in Electrical Engineering.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.19 s on (CGI/1.1)