Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony kv-32v15 no power!

et@scc
New User

Feb 20, 2005, 9:27 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2800 views)
Shortcut
sony kv-32v15 no power! Can't Post

My info: Hello all technicians. i am a newbie to this forum. i have a sony 32" trinitron. Model:kv-32v15, Mfg: 1994. got as gift in 1996.

Problem: While watching my tv. It just shutoff on its own as if you turned it off with a remote.

My own solution: I tried troubleshooting it myself following sony.com procedures. 1).unplug for 10min.-1hour.

2) plugged power cord directly back into a working outlet.

3) power on the tv and nothing turns on.

4) replace remote battery & try turning on that way, but nothing.

5). removed tv back cover and check the fuse closes to the power cord. It is still good.

i am in need of a schematic diagrams and/or picture for this model or any models that is compatible with. i've try topic search and i found out several ppl has the same prblms, but haven't any solution as of yet. if i am wrong plz send me links or something. i appreciates any advise anyone can give me.

bty: anyone knows what this mean. i can't seem to get this posted.Unable to post: GT::SQL::Search (26368): Unknown driver requested: INTERNAL at GT::SQL::Table::_get_indexer line 2403.

mel
Veteran

Feb 20, 2005, 11:52 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [et@scc] sony kv-32v15 no power! [In reply to] Can't Post

We need a little more info. Does the set click when you press the on button? Is the standby flashing an if so, how many flashes. You can check www.samswebsite.com to see if they have a Photofact for this model. You might also want to check out www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 for an opportunity to earn a free replacement for this set with a little effort on your part.

et@scc
New User

Feb 21, 2005, 11:18 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv-32v15 no power! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm. just try those steps u suggested. I try pressing the power switch, but the tv doesn't make anykind of noises or click. Nothing at all. And there are no standby light that u've mentioned. i've checked out the website below

www.samswebsite.com for my model, but it only shows up a mfg. manual. That manual doesn't give detail troubleshooting step for fixing the inside part of the tv. just how to operate the tv...etc. plus it is not free. even just to look at.

www.FreeFlatScreens.com/?r=10948674 as good as the link sound. i am not a believer, yet. i try this link but got an error page and couldn't get to that website. However, if anybody here have successfully try this procedures to get a free tv plz post your experiences for the rest of us broke ass. thanks, cause i would like a new flat screen. :) what's the catch?:(

please anybody here have anymore advice as to fixing this tv. from what i sound like do u guys think tossing it and getting a new set. suggestion please.

mel
Veteran

Feb 21, 2005, 11:55 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2782 views)
Shortcut

Since you don't have a click or light, the problem is in the standby power supply. This would indicate a blown fuse or bad component in that circuit. Unfortunately, I do not have a schematic for that model so I can't be more specific. There is a SAMs available for that chassis which is number 3480 and is for a 27" version of the same model but same chassis. The free flat screen promotion is a ligitimate offer. I have received the 27" Sony flat screen TV and and am passing on the recommendation to anyone else who might want or need a new TV.

et@scc
New User

Feb 22, 2005, 12:57 AM

Post #5 of 6 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv-32v15 no power! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will look in-depth on the schematics for my model tv as that is my next step. plus i will checked my tv on the fuse and standby P.S thing you suggested. although i don't know what exactly it is that i am looking for, i will give it a try. Hope i will find a burnt fuse, cracked something or something obvious enough. Do i have to subscribe first(pay money) to access the information for chasis #3480 u've mentioned. and that is supposedly be a compatible schematic for my model or chasis? If so, how much is it? Well i like to thank you for all your help. u've given me some insight as to what my next step is. thanks, from et@scc.Sly

Does anybody else has any says, i really need a schematics for my tv model. And u're all welcome to any suggestions.

bty: Does anyone think that a 20" Magnavox Tv/VCR/DVD combo for $139.98 + TX. +10% discount is worth it over trying to fix this 32" sony tv set. it's not a flatscreen or anything let that. i think is like a regular color picture tube. is it worth it. i almost bought it.

mel
Veteran

Feb 22, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #6 of 6 (2771 views)
Shortcut

The SAMs Photofact is $20 to download. Most Photofacts not only give you a schematic but other pertinent information such as troubleshooting tips identiying your symptoms and what the likely causes are. In my opinion, it is a misteke to buy any combo unit because if either the DVD or VCR fail, it will most likey render the TV useless and will probably cost more to fix than to replace either of them individually.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)