Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony kv-32v36 dead

Girard Ibanez
New User

Aug 29, 2004, 6:21 AM

Post #1 of 6 (2694 views)
Shortcut
sony kv-32v36 dead Can't Post

Any ideas as to how to trouble shoot a startup or shut down circuit for a sony kv-32v36. Tv is completely dead.

mel
Veteran

Aug 29, 2004, 10:46 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Girard Ibanez] sony kv-32v36 dead [In reply to] Can't Post

Start with a blown power fuse. Next a shorted diode in the bridge rectifier; or perhaps a bad voltage regulator; maybe an open power resistor or a shorted horizontal output transistor. It could be one or more of these items plus others not mentioned and it is difficult to determine without hands-on troubleshooting. Since you apparently have a completely dead set, the initial problem is more than likely in the primary power supply but ????????.

Girard Ibanez
New User

Aug 31, 2004, 3:26 AM

Post #3 of 6 (2667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv-32v36 dead [In reply to] Can't Post

There's got to be a logical way to troubleshoot this TV. Back in the days I used to use a isolation variable transformer and watch the signal at the HOT. This would indicate whether it was a start up or shut down problem.

Its been a long time now since I serviced a Sony and from past experience they are difficult.

Mel, the fuse is good in this set. No obvious indication or shorted diodes, transistors etc. in the power supply section. I haven't gotten around to the horiz transitor .... will post status.

In the mean time .... someone out there may have a common problem with this chassis.

Thanks

Girard Ibanez
New User

Sep 1, 2004, 4:51 AM

Post #4 of 6 (2657 views)
Shortcut

Mel,

Do you have schematics for this Sony. Any other troubleshooting points for sony tvs

mel
Veteran

Sep 1, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #5 of 6 (2652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Girard Ibanez] sony kv-32v36 dead [In reply to] Can't Post

You can go to the SAMS website and download the Photofact for this set for $20. The Photofact will give you the schematic diagram and most of them include troubleshooting instructions. I believe that the Photofact number is 4777 but you should check it to make sure.

Girard Ibanez
New User

Sep 3, 2004, 3:57 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2653 views)
Shortcut

Will do ....THANKS

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.20 s on (CGI/1.1)