fix
View Results (0 votes)

acg137
New User

Jun 24, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1451 views)
Shortcut
sony kv32fv15...what happened? Can't Post

Hey guys im trying to find out what happened withg my TV. i am no electrical engineer or anything, i just want to have somewhat of a clue of whats going in when i try to get it fixed. Its a 32" sony wega trinitron and all of a sudden it does not turn on. when plugged in you can hit the power button and here a click sound as if the TV is trying to turn on but the screen stays black. one of my friends believes it has to do with the regulator or powersupply but is not sure...what do you think...if anything

mel
Veteran

Jun 24, 2005, 10:01 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acg137] sony kv32fv15...what happened? [In reply to] Can't Post

Your friend is probably right but only a qualified tech with the proper test equipment can say for sure. Since it clicks, we know that it is somewhere beyond the standby power supply but?????. Does the standby light blink and if so, how many times?

acg137
New User

Jun 28, 2005, 7:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv32fv15...what happened? [In reply to] Can't Post

the standby light continuously blinks once the power button is hit. i know its a stretch but any ideas on what it could be and even how much it could/should cost?

mel
Veteran

Jun 28, 2005, 11:14 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acg137] sony kv32fv15...what happened? [In reply to] Can't Post

The continous blink indicates taht there is no reply from the jungle IC (the data line is busy, shorted, or held high) or the IK video path is defective. The latter seems to be the most common occurrance but only a qualifed tech with the proper test equipment can say for sure.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.21 s on (CGI/1.1)